Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's about time.

I've been considering making one of these for a while, and I'm taking a brief break from my reading for class tomorrow, so this seems like as good of a time as any.  I'll be posting up training information and musings on here.  I want a blog that's a bit more personal than my tumblr and one that I can dedicate to my running now that I'm hopefully going to be training well for a while.

Unfortunately, I've been laid out for the past week with Peroneal Tendonitis, which is honestly the most painful running injury I've ever gotten.  I could see the tendon popping over my ankle bone.  So after two days of rest and 3 days of gym workouts on a stationary bike, I jogged a mile barefoot on a treadmill and was actually pain-free.  It was a bit tender walking around later, but with stretching and strengthening, I should be fine to still run the Holiday Lake 50k in 3 weeks.  I was hoping to run a fast race there, and not running for a week and a half (even though I have been exercising) may or may not help things.  I had been building up a good base (up to 112 miles the week before this injury), so not all is lost.  I think Promised Land in April will end up being my fastest 50k of the Spring though.

No comments:

Post a Comment